HUMMUS (WITHOUT CHICKPEAS)
Extra Prep Time: - soak sunflower seeds 4 to 8 hours
Quantity: 2 cups
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (to soak)
- 1 medium zucchini (= approximately 2 cups) cut in 1” chunks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon curry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon and/or lime juice
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds (to grind)
- Soak sunflower seeds 4 to 8 hours, then drain and rinse.
- In blender or food processor, process sunflower seeds and all ingredients, except sesame seeds, until smooth.
- Add sesame seeds (ground in a coffee grinder) and process until combined. Will keep several days, if refrigerated.