GOJI COCONUT BALL
You’ll love the flavour and texture of these energy balls.
Extra Prep Time: - soak almonds 8 to 12 hours. Drain and rinse.
Quantity: 12 balls (1 1/4”)
- 1/3 cup almonds (to soak)
- 1/3 cup cashews (not soaked)
- 1/3 cup dried shredded unsweetened coconut (for inside the balls)
- 1/3 cup goji berries (not soaked)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup dates (measure after pits removed ~ 3 medjool dates)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest + 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dried shredded unsweetened coconut (for coating)
- Soak almonds in water 8 to 12 hours. Drain and rinse. Almonds can be peeled, or left with skin on.
- In a food processor, process almonds, cashews, coconut, goji berries, salt and nutmeg until everything is small bits.
- Add dates, lemon zest and lemon juice to mixture in food processor. Process until dates are small and mixture starts to clump together.
- Put 2 tablespoons of coconut (for coating) in a small bowl. Squeeze and roll dough into 1 1/4" balls, then coat with coconut. Stored in the fridge, balls stay fresh for a week.
From ‘Uncooking with RawRose – Your Guide to Raw Foods’
by Rose Vasile (www.rawrose.com)