BANANA LEMON PIE
This is one of my favourite desserts. It’s also very quick (10 minutes!) and easy to prepare. I always have some pecans and raisins in the fridge in case I want to make a pie.
Extra Prep Time: none
Quantity: 9” x 9” plate = 9 slices (3" x 3")
- 3 cups pecans or walnuts (not soaked)
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- zest from 1 lemon + 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 medium bananas
- poppy seeds, blueberries, raspberries, slices of colourful fruit, or sprigs of mint (optional)
- Process nuts in food processor until small bits.
- Add raisins to nuts in food processor and process until the mixture starts to clump together. Gently distribute mixture on a 9”x9” plate, then press firmly to form crust.
- Grate lemon zest on top of crust. Juice lemon into a bowl. Slice bananas 1/4" – 1/2" thick and put into lemon juice; stir gently to coat bananas with juice. Spread banana slices/lemon juice on crust.
- Optional: Decorate with poppy seeds, blueberries, raspberries, slices of colourful fruit, or sprigs of mint.